June 4, 2012

Honda Brio Mileage


                                                                   
                                                                   


I have purchased Honda Brio recently. I got the delivery of the car on 18th May , 2012. Already I have driven the car for almost 650 km. Also, I have taken my car to high way and normally I drive inside city [Kolkata]. First service has not been done till now. Here, is a first glance about the mileage information of Brio. The mileage  has been calculated by the inbuilt mileage meter of Honda Brio.


Yesterday I have taken my car to City Center 2, Rajarhat. From my home it's almost 22 km, with half of the road is very congested city road and half of the road is city bypass highway. In this total 22 km during noon [low traffic], without AC I got the mileage of 24 km/litre. In the same road, during returning back to home in evening [very high traffic], I got the mileage of 21.5 km/litre. I ran the vehichle in an average speed of 40-50 km/hr whereas top speed was around 65-70km/hr.. I was quite impressed by the mileage.

without AC mileage of honda brio in semi city road condition


But, the thing was totally different while my driver was driving the car in the heart of the city [Shyambazar, Esplanade area of Kolkata]. Then with AC I got the mileage of ~12 km/l. And without AC it was ~15.5 km/l. I am sure, this low mileage is because of my Driver's abrupt acceleration and braking :) . In very very  traffic overloaded road, I always get more than 14 km/l with AC for last three weeks.

Last week, I have taken my car to highway [Delhi Road] for about 100 km ride. In this total ride my driver got the mileage of 15.5 km/l whereas while I was driving I got the mileage more than 18 km/l with AC. One thing I also want to mention, during this ride, my Driver was driving at a top speed of 120 km/hr at one time, but, we didn't feel any engine sound or vibration from the back seat.
Highway mileage with AC


I know the mileage will change[increase?] after the first servicing. I'll update the blog with new information then. Also, I'll try to calculate the mileage by full tank method and try to update you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment