October 20, 2011

The Intelligent Investor

Still my all the interest has been taken by Mr. Benjamin Graham. I am just amazed by his wisdom. From a site 3 months back I have downloaded his famous book "The Intelligent Investor". Previously I always thought that "Stock Market Investing is a black magic". The price moves in random  fashion with market sentiment. I was investing in stock from the early part of the 2008. So, I have a bit idea [not much] on how this market works and price fluctuates. But, after reading a few chapters from this book, has just hit me so hard with new ideas, I started to read every chapter repeatedly. Every time I read a chapter, it was giving me different ideas. That's the beauty of this master piece by Benjamin Graham. He is very much generous in his writing also. While I was reading this book I thought "By far it is the best book I have ever read".

It has not attacked any ongoing technique of stock market evaluating directly. But, it has shown with relevant data when the "technical analysis", "formula investment", "buy low, sell high", "speculation" was successful and when not. And what should be strategy for long term investing. Also, for more enthusiastic short term investor, it has given the concept of value investing or "buying stocks below its intrinsic value". I'll share more on this book later. It was a life changing experience.

After 1 month of reading this book, I have ordered this book in rediff book site.[Although one of my friend resisted by saying "it's wastage of money as you have the ebook already". But, I thought it must be a tribute to Graham. I learn this generosity from Graham only. :) ] It cost me 540 Rs. But, after 1 month I bought this book again from flipkart with only 420 Rs. [That's the cost of generosity. 540-420=120 Rs. :) ]This time to give this book as gift to my dearest Mr S. Recently I bought another master piece of Bengamin Graham "The Security Analysis" I bought this from flipkart with Rs 640. Currently I am reading this. I'll share my experience once finished.

There are few books which will change your life, "The Intelligent Investor" is like that kind of book. Warren Buffet truly said "By far this is the best book on investing ever written". [ :) can you get the similarity with my thought].
  

No comments:

Post a Comment