October 20, 2011

3 tips for professional success

Recently I was thinking about how I can work more professionally in my company. There are lots of hectic works I need to do every day. There are the phone calls, daily, weekly meetings . All these things distracts and some times I lose my concentration on proper professionalism. To avoid this scenario recently I tried to follow three simple principles to remind myself to follow the correct atitude in office every time.


Every day while opening my laptop in office I remind myself these three simple principles I need to follow all the time during office. And I was doing that for last two months. And I think just reminding myself every morning my professionalism has improved a lot.

1. Serious Work

2. Good attitude [No anger,good behavior, maturity]

3. only necessary talk or No gossip





Let me explain the above things in my own way.


1. Serious work
Everyday I remind myself I'll do only jobs in my work time. I'll not engage myself in internet browsing timepass, check stock market. I'll not do or try to avoid personal work like ticket booking, bank account check etc. I'll do only office work in office. If there is no work in my to do list, I'll engage myself to learn something related to office work.


2. Good attitude
The most important thing is not to lose my temper in any of the situation. I remind myself to behave properly and another important thing is that behaving like a mature man. Emotions and immature behavior can earn you quick success. But, in the long run it is most harmful. Keep a smile all the time in your face.


3. Only necessary talk
That means just open my mouth only for definite purposes. Never ever talk something in office that is out of context. Try to avoid the office gossips. If you have to try to keep your mouth shut other than definite reason. May be this looks like a bit cruel things to do but in the long run I have seen its success. Senior management only likes the guy with definite agenda while speaking. Also you can try to be a bit soft spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment